Job Title: QA Raw Material Role
Department/Location: Technical / Long Sutton
Reports to: Site Technical Manager
The role is Monday - Friday and will act as a lead contact for the raw material function during an eight hour day shift whilst providing support to the manufacturing team, all of which has to be achieved within the Company quality, safety and environmental frameworks.
• 6 indirect Reports
• Working closely with other functions, e.g. manufacturing, Logistics, Supply chain and Planning
Safety & Quality
• Maintain safe operating practices and all policies and procedures are in place and are adhered to.
• Ensure areas maintain required GMP standards that represent the site's commitment to quality.
• Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses.
• Manage holidays effectively to ensure that the department is covered without extra cost to business.
• Small day to day challenges in raw material environment relating to front line management.
• Liaise daily with colleagues within the raw material lab.
• Review Supplier Performance levels on the tracker. Raise concerns and emerging trends
• Day to day escalations - Shelf Life extensions, Quality escalations, Raw Material intake failures and complaint follow ups. *Full support offered here
Knowledge / Skills
• Minimum of 1 year Front Line Management experience
• Minimum of CIEH Level 2 Food Safety or above
• Raw Material Knowledge within the food industry is a must
• Good Communicator & Team Player
• Ability to use own initiative and make decisions / escalate
• Highly computer literate
• Full driving licence