Transport Planner- Days.
Location: Milton Keynes MK1.
Salary: £30,000 x1.5 Overtime paid, Pension, Holidays, Modern Central Offices. See Additional Benefits, below_
Hours: 08.00 - 20.00 Hrs - 4 days on 4 days off.
About the role: Are you an experienced Transport Planner looking for your next opportunity?
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Planner to join their team in Milton Keynes. Based on a 42 hour week, working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Your main responsibility will be to arrange the delivery of the customer's product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety. Whilst also maximising the utilisation of Fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections.
In addition to a standard salary of £30,000.00 this role has a holiday allowance of 20 days including bank holidays.
Transport Planner Requirements:
A little bit about the company:
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement.
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Lateral thinker
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize
Our client is been delivering across the UK since 1833, they can reach areas that other cannot. Today, they are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - They keep moving forwards.
Our clients customers rely on them to deliver their promises, and they rely on their drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of their company ethos.Transport Planner Duties:
- Plan all relevant customer deliveries utilizing the software available at site to ensure delivery windows are met.
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Develop back haul lanes with both depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with our PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub contractors as and when required.
- Complete a late load report in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Download Driver cards for analysis
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
- Healthshield: free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans