Quality Assurance Technician
Shifts: Continental - 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am - must be able to work both shifts including weekends
Pay rate: £11.81- £21.80
Location: BD4, Bradford
To carry out analytical checks on both syrups & finished products ensuring product quality. Carry out other service tasks which ensure the efficient operation of the production department.
Working a continental shift pattern.
- Collect samples of product from Manufacturing
- Support manufacturing teams to calibrate brix meters on production lines.
- Carry out standardised analytical tests on batches, charge up samples, finished product, stock holds & complaint samples. Interpret results, understanding brix (sugar) and pH levels & communicate to production or appropriate personnel.
- Carry out standardised analytical tests of raw materials including mineral water and comminute
- Set up of HPLC instrumentation
- Using standardised calculations determine, recommend & recheck material adjustments for the IPC.
- Use the Manufacturing Execution System to release syrup batches to production
- Taste testing of all finished goods batches, identifying issues where appropriate
- Follow standardised procedures to determine acid and brix levels in customer complaints and report on findings.
- Following standardised procedures test chemical oxygen demand (COD) and pH levels of environmental samples
- Check packaging and coding against specifications using SAP system, communicate results & ensure extra checks are carried out if failures have been determined. Identify product to be held if out of specification.
- Organise storage of retained samples & ensure housekeeping in both Laboratory & keeper room is maintained to a high standard.
- Use Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for recording of analytical results & comply with all other documentation systems as referred to in the procedure manuals.
- Participation in external proficiency checks as required by the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Undertake basic microbiology testing. Including plate pouring and incubation.
- Maintain accurate records, report sheets & summary sheets as per requirements.
- Understand and take an active role in lean manufacturing work practices including 5S, AM and problem solving (including root cause analysis), to drive continuous improvement activity throughout the site
- You must exercise reasonable skill and care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work and you must not interfere with or obstruct anything provided in the interests of health and safety at work.
- The incumbent should demonstrate behaviours which are in line with the site values & help to improve the Quality, Safety & Environmental culture.
- Support the business in working towards delivering our ethical trading and human rights vision.
- When engaging with internal and external stakeholders (such as consumers, customers or suppliers) maximise any potential opportunities for ethical trade and human rights approach.
These are the key daily tasks, not a comprehensive list of all tasks undertaken by the job holder. Flexibility is required by the business & this will be agreed with the individual's line manager. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Understanding of continuous improvement work practices
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- GCSE Science, Maths and English or relevant work experience
Optimistic, reliable, trustworthy, motivated, Charismatic person with a 'Can Do' attitude. Ability to work at a pace and maintain accuracy, highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation, able to effectively manage work colleagues, ability to work at pace and maintain accuracy, A good team player with high ethical standards.
To be considered for this role please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org