£13.26 per hour
Temp Ongoing, with an opportunity to go permanent
Encore are proud to be working in partnership with LEVC, previously known as The London Taxi Company, in their global manufacture of purpose-built commercial electric vehicles. As a Quality Inspector, you will have the opportunity to work at their state-of-the-art facility in Coventry, utilising innovative technology and processes.
Working as a Quality Inspector, you will:
- Systematically go around the vehicle adhering to inspection processes and highlight any faults found utilising the company's Quality Standards.
- Feedback findings to the team leader and escalate when necessary.
- Be able to both answer questions and give suggestions for improvement.
- Perform occasional Section Audits in the work areas as required.
- Support the End of Line process in improving quality levels and feeding back issues within the manufacturing facility.
- Follow processes that will include Monsoon (water leak) testing, Squeak & Rattle testing, vehicle health checks, using VCATS (diagnostics), internal & external evaluations.
The successful Quality Inspector:
- Must have a solid automotive background within a quality inspection / audit role.
- Having had direct OEM experience would be advantageous.
- Useful to have had experience with all types of quality inspection (paint etc.).
- Must be a pro-active, decision maker and able to work to a high pace within a shop floor environment.
- Must be able to both describe and demonstrate individual problems found.
- Must have a positive attitude towards achieving objectives and able to demonstrate willingness to be part of a wider multi-discipline team environment.
- Must have a full car driving license to perform road-tests both on and off site.
- Be flexible and able to rotate workload as required, including overtime.
LEVC are offering ongoing contracts to their Quality Inspectors, where you will be employed by Encore Personnel. There may be the opportunity to gain a permanent position with LEVC for those shining stars. You will be paid a standard monthly salary of £2,126 (£25,512 pa) based on a nominal of 37 hours, and any overtime worked above your standard hours will be paid at a premium. Nominal hours across the year range between 37 - 42 hours and this will be reflected in your standard salary. The facility is currently operating a day shift, however this is likely to change to a 2-shift system in the future, so flexibility will be required moving into 2021 and beyond. The Company
LEVC, previously known as The London Taxi Company, is the manufacturer of the iconic London Black Cab and now the newly launched electric van. The company have had a multi-million-pound investment in recent years, allowing the opening of their purpose-built manufacturing centre in Coventry. Despite operating in these challenging times, LEVC are continuing their launch programme for their electric van. To Apply
To apply, then please send your CV to Lwarden@encore-engineering.co.uk
For further information on the role please call Lucy
on 02476 238 339