To assist potential customers and current customers with technical assistance regarding Printed Circuit Board manufacturing processes. A requirement for a junior level Technical Engineer with CAM experience to join a growing business based in Tamworth.
This position would suit a technical engineer with a background in Printed Circuit Manufacturing, Assembly or design. Candidates from related industries such as technical composites manufacturing / Engineering Plastics are also encouraged to apply.
- Using drawings and data supplied by the customer to generate builds, identify non-standard processes, requirements, and potential issues to Technical and Quality departments as detailed on customer drawings & specifications
- To use relevant CAM software tools to identify critical design aspects of products.
- To identify lead-time restraints with products & communicate effectively with Customer Services, Account Managers and other departments where appropriate.
- To identify base materials required for manufacture, specifying quantities, type and alternative options if necessary. Identify non-standard tools/materials and liaise with purchasing to ensure tools/materials are available.
- Respond to Customer requests for DFM (design for manufacture) advice. Supplying written instructions and build reports based on site capability.
- Use company software to calculate impedance, construct theoretical builds whether for DFM or manufacturing.
- The ideal candidate will hold a HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or another technical or scientific subject would be preferred.
- Worked in a PCB assembly, or composite manufacturing company at process engineer level.
- Has an understanding of composite materials, functions and properties.
- Clean UK driving license is required for client visits
- Previous experience using CAM software is essential
- Has experience of working with potential new customers at the NPI stage and through to full product approval. They should be able to manage such projects to completion.
- Has good communications skills and be able to write full technical reports for group or customer distribution.
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.