Job Title: Engineering Account Manager
Territory: Central band of the UK (home based role)
Package: Up to £35k basic (depending on experience) plus a generous bonus and company car
25 days annual leave + bank holidays. Early finish on a Friday
Keywords: Account Manager, Sales Engineer, Regional, Area, Technical sales, Field Sales, Engineer, Manufacture, graduate engineer
For 90 years, this company has pioneered finishing solutions for all sectors of industry. They have their own manufacturing plant, distribution centre, testing laboratory and a sales office based in the heart of Birmingham. The equipment they manufacture includes bespoke capital plant, peripherals, consumables, media and compounds
Due to promotion, this integrity led company are looking for am Engineering Account Manager to cover the Middle band of the UK.
- You will predominately be managing and growing a very robust and healthy base of existing customers (80%) and identifying new opportunities.
- Initially you will be based from their Birmingham office where you will get to know your clients and have full training on all their products. You will then be able to work from a home base covering the central region of the UK which has the highest demand for their products
- With such a diverse array of solutions to sell to a wide range of industries, you will be constantly stimulated and busy. One day you might be providing a solution for coating aircraft components and the next day dealing with a high volume caterer who needs to precision clean their cutlery.
- You will be using a solution focused, customer centric sales approach with Engineering Managers, Buyers and Business Owners; identifying the issues they are having and then working with them to recommend a workable solution.
What you will need in order to be successful in this role
- You will need to have some technical understanding and be very curious about how products work, coupled with a natural ability to solve challenges. Ideally you will already have an engineering qualification
- You will need to possess excellent relationship building skills This role is more about ‘helping people buy’ rather than ‘arm up the back, foot in the door’ sales. You will definitely not be selling on price.
- You will need to demonstrate that you can become as passionate about the solutions you will be selling as this company is.
Reasons why this could be a great career choice
- You will not be pressured with unrealistic targets or pointless KPI’s – they much prefer you to focus on what’s important -the customer
- The company is extremely stable and 65% of their staff have already clocked up more than 25 years.
- They have a generous companywide bonus that is based on hitting their annual budgets. They over achieve this every year, which means you would get £3000+ during the summer – just in time for that well deserved holiday.
If you think you can add value to this terrific company please apply, directing your application to Zandy Houghton in our Birmingham branch
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy, Professional and Contact Services sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.