QUANTITY SURVEYOR – M&E BIAS – ENGINEERING (NEC / JCT Contracts)
I am looking to recruit an Mechanical and/or Electrical, (M&E) bias Quantity Surveyor that is conversant with NEC/JCT style contracts, ideally within the Water, Water Control, Environmental industry, to join a market leading engineering company – solutions provider for multiple sectors that have an enviable array of clients and size and scope of projects.
COMMUTABLE FROM: Alfreton, Annesley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, Hucknall, Ilkeston, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Mansfield, Nottingham, Ripley, Sutton-in-Ashfield
- £35k – £42k (Depending on Experience)
- Contributory Pension & 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding Statutory Holidays)
- Internal progression
- To be a part of a market leading company that is experiencing robust growth.
THE ROLE: As the successful Quantity Surveyor, your key responsibilities/core duties will be to:
- Manage and ensure the efficient and effective commercial running of all selected contracts – carrying out contract review(s) to establish contractual / financial risk. This should include reviewing client’s contract and specifications to ensure that they comply with offer and any subsequent agreements
- Identify variations to contract and price accordingly. If necessary, prepare contractual claims with respect to programme and / or scope
- Assist in the pricing of estimates that augment existing contracts
- Carry out cost value reconciliation’s (profit and loss)
- Prepare interim (e.g. monthly) valuations and final accounts, inc. negotiation, settlement
- Commercial management of sub-contractors – assist in identifying ‘best value’ sub-contractors, prepare packages, issue enquires, prepare contracts/PO’s and allocate work
- Maintain good relationships with clients, professionals and Sub-Contractors to ensure amicable agreements / settlements where possible. You will have an agreed Authority Level to negotiate and settle commercial agreements in whatever form (e.g. pre and post contract) subject to prior authorisation of the MQS/Commercial Director.
- Monitor accounts and issue monthly payment certificates / sign off invoices
- Report into the Managing Quantity Surveyor and assist with the management of the commercial department, when requested, which may include: establishing commercial management systems/strategy, preparing contract documents and commercial reports and mentoring staff to raise commercial awareness.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal Quantity Surveyor for this position will have:
- QS based qualification (i.e. RICS), and/or a minimum of 3 years Quantity Surveying based experience
- Familiarity with main contract forms – NEC and JCT
- Experience of working on M&E contracts, mechanical or electrical specific projects
- Experience of working on Water Industry projects (EA frameworks etc.)
- Excellent commercial and contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), negotiation and influencing skills
- IT proficiency – inclusive of Microsoft Project or equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sound like the role for you? To be considered, please click on the link provided and submit an application! If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying however, please feel free to contact Caroline on 0116 242 3601 or email at email@example.com
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.