An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a manufacturer of niche defence products. The position offers a competitive salary and employee benefits
The Mechanical Engineer will work as part of a team on projects ranging from design concept, demonstration, development, qualification and production, through to customer support. A methodical and organised approach to work will be essential.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing design evolution to meet customer requirements
- Responsibility for clearance of detail production drawings
- Leading and completing DFMEA’s
- Approving production processes and tooling
- Demonstrating compliance with customer requirements
- Producing and delivering formal technical presentations to the customer
- Producing product technical specifications and detailed technical reports
- Ensuring appropriate validation testing is carried out prior to formal qualifications.
- Leading formal design reviews at the relevant design phases and ensuring actions are taken and completed on time
- Leading technical investigations
- Liaison at all levels within the business, manufacturers and suppliers
- Arranging/managing specific trials such as structural testing, laboratory scale testing (quantitative testing of materials, etc)
- HNC, HND or degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or related Engineering discipline
- An ability to assimilate and evaluate technical information from a wide range of disciplines
- An ability to present complex problems clearly and logically to other specialist and non specialist engineers
- A good understanding of DFMEA, ‘Design to Cost’ and ‘Design for Manufacture’ principles
- Working experience within a defence related industry is desirable
- Trials/assessment testing experience (e.g. structural testing, vibration, etc)
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.