As a diverse engineering design and manufacturing company, my client’s multi-sector experience covers various sectors and there is a requirement for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
- Fatigue and fracture assessment
- Structural dynamics
- Design and substantiation of components, structures or tooling
- 2D Computer Aided Design (AutoCad)
- 3D Computer Aided Design (Solid Edge)
- Liaising with customers regarding projects
- Presentations as required
- Applying technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
Experience in one or more of the following industry domains are also desirable:
- Mechanical handling equipment.
- Hydraulic press manufacture.
- Specialist bespoke machine design and manufacture.
- Railway depot equipment.
- General engineering fabrication.
- Site commissioning and equipment handover experience
- Ability to work effectively within multidisciplinary environment and with client stakeholders, and manage these relationships effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills.
- The ability to develop and carryout structural and mechanical component calculations for items under design.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
- HND minimum or ideally Degree-qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.