LIGHTING DESIGN ENGINEER / LIGHTING APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (EXTERIOR)
I am recruiting for an experienced exterior lighting designer / lighting engineer / external lighting applications specialist to join a highly reputable manufacturer that delivers an enviable and broad portfolio of products, solutions and services to a variety of industries and end customers.
COMMUTABLE FROM: Barnsley, Bradford, Doncaster, Halifax, Huddersfield, Leeds, Pontefract, Rotherham, Selby, Sheffield, Wakefield, Wetherby, York
- Up to £33K DOE
- 25 Days Holiday (plus statutory)
- Contributory Pension
- Great autonomy, internal progression and scope to move within company too
- To be an integral part of a reputable, professional and friendly team
THE ROLE: As the successful Lighting Design Engineer you will be ultimately responsible for obtaining briefs from customers which can be developed into a specification and design for all types of exterior lighting, configuration of high quality lighting design schemes to required specifications and engineering of orders.
- Production of high quality technical submissions to the customer’s required deadline and agreed specification
- Production of concept designs, including visualisations and practical proposals
- To design the lighting schemes in accordance with lighting industry specifications
- Provide technical expertise and support for lighting and the product
- To increase customers’ opinion of technical competencies and industry reputation, also developing sales opportunities where possible.
- Provide assistance and support to other business functions of the company where applicable regarding operational aspects of sales, order processing and development (in seminars, presentations, site visits, etc.).
- Assistance in monitoring competitiveness in the market through performance comparisons with competitors’ products.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal lighting engineer / lighting designer / lighting engineer / lighting applications specialist will be a highly motivated and results driven self-starter with great customer focus and have:
- A minimum of two years’ relevant exterior lighting / external lighting industry experience
- Good understanding of lighting guidelines/codes and all aspects of product and design knowledge for exterior / external lighting – essential
- Good lighting & energy calculation software experience and capability (Lighting Reality etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of CAD systems (2D/3D)
- The ability to work well autonomously, on own initiative, and to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills
- A relevant degree in Engineering or Science based subject, (LIA) or ILP Qualification or equivalent technical competence by experience – highly desirable
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong multi-tasking, project and time management skills
- Appreciation of structural principles and codes (understanding of BREEAM beneficial)
- Commercial Awareness
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please click on the link provided. If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact us. 0116 242 3601 and ask for Caroline Alves firstname.lastname@example.org
Encore Personnel are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Specialist Recruiters in the Technical/engineering, Industrial, Driving, Energy and senior appointment sectors. Supplying nationally. Encore offer a “refer a friend” reward scheme where you could receive a gift of up to £500.