Infinis is one of the UK’s leading generators of renewable power. We operate a growing portfolio of landfill gas and onshore wind plants across the UK
Following an extensive tender red contractor to Infinis in October 2010 for the supply of temporary workers to support its waste to energy business. This agreement was extended in 2013 following some excellent progress.
To further build the relationship and in order to understand the positions Encore recruit for, energy consultants shadowed the engineers, giving the recruiters a complete understanding of the roles. Service level agreements were put in place to make the process simple and efficient for Infinis and Encore created a key account manager to ensure a fast turnaround time for any staffing requests, further demonstrating their commitment to serving Infinis.
Although based in Northamptonshire, Encore have a national candidate database and are able to provide high quality engineers throughout the UK supporting all of Infinis locations.
Duane Longthorn (head of procurement) states; bBy appointing Encore as one of our key suppliers and through working together we have achieved the following key improvements:
- Shortened the recruitment cycle
- Wider selection of higher quality candidates to select from
- Real time web portal for personnel and regulatory document storage
- An accurate and detailed scope process to allow the candidates “to hit the ground running”
- On line system to approve hours worked and improve the purchase to pay process
- HSQE brief pre appointment introduced to a) improve awareness of the safety requirements and b) mitigate risk of potential HQSE risks
- Account managers from both companies, KPI reporting and regular reviews held to monitor performance and identify improvement actions
Through working closely with Infinis and taking the time to understand their business needs, Encore has secured a three year deal in January 2015 as the sole supplier of temporary and permanent engineers to the energy provider.